BENSON COMMUNITY GARDEN
Returning gardeners who maintained their plots and participated regularly in common area work are welcomed to return and will have first choice of plots. New gardeners may join (first come, first served) at a date to be determined.
If you are interested in getting on a list for 2023 or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Common Area Work
I understand that being part of any community garden is helping out with the common area work, and I agree to do at least one task from the list every week. Tasks typically take 5 – 15 minutes per plot, per week.
- I will be responsible for consistently maintaining my plot, including keeping plants from growing outside its boundaries.
- I will pick only my own produce from my own plot.
- I understand my assigned plot is available for use March through October and I will clear the plot completely by October 31st.
- If I use amended soil, fertilizers, nutrients, herbicides, or pesticides they will be certified 100% organic.
- If my plot becomes overgrown with weeds, etc., I understand I will be given seven (7) days’ notice to clean it up. After 7 days following the notice, if the plot is not cleaned up, it will be re-assigned or tilled in.
- I will not alter the boundaries of the plot and will not bring in or build any structure over 5 feet tall in my plot.
- If I have to abandon my plot for any reason I will notify the garden leadership team (email@example.com or 402-714-0290).
- I understand that the community garden is ‘open’ between sunrise to sunset and I will not be in the garden area outside of these times.
- I will put all organic waste from my plot in the designated compost pile.
- I agree to be kind, civil, and cooperative with other gardeners, neighbors, and the public.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome in the garden, but must be on a leash and carefully watched at all times.
- Children must be closely supervised at all times.
- I understand that neither Benson Community Garden nor the owner of the land are responsible for my actions.
- I ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT I AM SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE, ACCIDENT, INJURY OR LOSS SUSTAINED TO ANY PERSON WHILE AT THE BENSON COMMUNITY GARDEN, AND NEITHER BENSON COMMUNITY GARDEN, NOR THE PROPERTY OWNER ACCEPTS LEGAL OR FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. GARDENERS AND VOLUNTEERS ASSUME ALL RISK OF INJURY OR OTHER LOSS RESULTING AND WILL HOLD THE BENSON COMMUNITY GARDEN AND PROPERTY OWNER HARMLESS WITH RESPECT HERETO. I HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD BENSON COMMUNITY GARDEN, VOLUNTEERS, SPONSORS, BOARD MEMBERS, OFFICERS AND/OR THE PROPERTY OWNER HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS, INCLUDING THOSE OF THIRD PARTIES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY A RESULT OF MY USE OF THE PREMISES OR ITEMS THEREIN.
Opening & Closing the Garden
We ask members who first arrive at the garden open the gates, and those who are here later in the evening, close the gates for the night.