As a not-for-profit organization, we are dependent on the generosity of individuals, businesses, and other organizations to meet our mission. Below are some of the items we need.
- Heavy-duty tomato cages
- Lumber – 2″ x 8″ boards 8-feet + (prefer cedar)
- Hand tools in good condition
- Vegetable seeds and plants
- Small electric or gas-powered rototiller – EXAMPLE
- Perennial fruit plants such as rhubarb, strawberries or asparagus, fruit bushes
- Deep cycle batteries (12 v) for the solar power system
- Solar-powered lights
- Weed fabric rolls 36″ to 48″ wide
- Gift cards to gas stations (fuel for mower, tiller, trimmer)
- Gift cards to hardware stores/lumber yards
- Gift cards to local nurseries to purchase plants
In addition to the list above, we always accept monetary donations
by check, cash, Venmo, or PayPal. Please make payable to:
Benson Community Garden
c/o 6004 Lafayette Avenue
Omaha, NE 68132-1234
- Pulling weeds in common area
- Opening and closing the garden gates (morning/sunset)
- Outreach (at various events)
- Donation Coordination
- Public Relations
- Spreading wood chips between plot rows
- Cleaning and organizing the tool shed
- Turning the compost pile (weekly)
Please contact us before dropping off any items. email@example.com
By law, the valuation of any in-kind donation is the responsibility of the donor.
In-kind donations must be consistent with the activities, policies, mission, goals, and/or programs of Benson Community Garden
Due to lack of storage space and resources, Benson Community Garden reserves the right to decline any in-kind donation.
Items that are accepted as in-kind donations by Benson Community Garden become our property and may be re-donated, sold, or discarded as need be.