On Sunday, March 24th at 1:00 p.m. there will be an introductory meeting for gardeners. This will be a wonderful opportunity to get acquainted with fellow BCG gardeners and find out more about our wonderful community garden. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend this fun and informative introductory meeting.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2012
4:30 P.M. to 11:00 P.M.
1302 NORTH 60TH STREET
ADMISSION: $10.00 per person
5:00pm: Knife Fight Justice
6:00pm: Stephen Monroe
7:00pm: Above Ground
8:00pm: An Evening – John Denver tribute band
9:00pm: Hector Anchondo
1) A few people have asked if they can bring side dishes. ABSOLUTELY! If you do, please bring serving utensils, too.
2) Can people bring their own beer & wine? YES! You are welcome to BYOB, but ONLY 21+ are allowed to drink on the property. IDs will be checked by security and wristbands must be worn by all.
3) How much is admission? $10 per person (all ages). 100% of the funds raised that day go to support the operation and maintenance of the community garden.
4) What type of food is available? We’ll have Omaha Steaks hamburgers and Bratwurst on the grill. Freewill donation.
5) Will the Husker game be available? YOU BET! We’ll have a large screen television in the garden playing the Nebraska/Ohio State game.
6) Can I sign up for a garden plot for next year? You can sign up to be on the waiting list for next year. We always give our gardeners the first option to return. Those who don’t return are offered to the people on the waiting list.
7) Do you need anything for the event? YES! We’re looking for donations for our silent auction (gift certificates, artwork, items, collectibles, etc.). We also need a few extra strands of Christmas lights for the fence. If you would like to donate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off on our picnic table in the garden.
Is this a family-friendly event? YES!
Benson Community Garden was featured in today’s Omaha World-Herald. Click HERE to read the article!
Posted by Kurt | Posted in News | Posted on 04-06-2012
The Prairie Gators, a local Cajun music band will perform 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. this Saturday, June 9th at the Benson Community Garden, 1302 N 60th Street. The event is free and open to the public, but donations to support the nonprofit organization will be accepted. The performance will be the first of the garden’s “Music in the Garden” concert series. It will also mark the first event on the garden’s new “Earth Stage” – a landscaped elevated stage in the southwest corner of the lot.
Because seating is limited, attendees are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs.
The Benson Community Garden is looking for other local bands to perform at the outdoor venue this summer. Artists interested in performing should call Kurt Goetzinger at (402) 714-0290 or email Goetzinger2@cox.net
The Benson Community Garden is a non-profit organization founded in 2011. The garden features 36 individual/family plots and a new “Neighbor Garden” which will provide free fresh fruits and vegetables to the neighborhood.
Posted by Gabby | Posted in News | Posted on 20-03-2012
Located at 1302 North 60th Street on the south side of Omaha’s historic Benson neighborhood, Benson Community Garden, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation registered with the State of Nebraska. We are looking for individuals who would be interested in becoming members of the garden; volunteers who will help us operate the garden; and sponsors to support our mission.
We are looking for dedicated community gardeners this year who can, in addition to working their own plot, help maintain the outside-of-the-fence neighbor garden and common areas. In a nutshell …we need YOU!
Last year we had a few gardeners who planted their plots and abandoned it. That was a challenge for everyone, especially the folks who had to adopt the gardens. Before applying, please seriously consider the commitment of time it takes to maintain a thriving garden …especially during those critical hot weather weeks in August. It’s sweaty, but it’s FUN!
To strengthen our community by providing an urban agricultural space where individuals and families can come together to grow farm-fresh foods, share tools and resources, and learn about gardening and nutrition.
The garden also serves as an open air venue for entertainment as well as educational opportunities where people can learn about and discuss local foods, nutrition and sustainability.
To become involved in the garden, please click HERE and fill out the form. Or you can email BensonGardens@gmail.com and let us know what you’re interested in.
“A Celebration of the First Harvest”
Saturday, October 1, 2011
5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Benson Community Garden
1302 N. 60th Street
Celebrate our successful first season at this fundraiser event for the Benson Community Garden! Enjoy an exciting, fun-filled evening of LIVE MUSIC, BEER GARDEN, PRETZELS, FOOD & great, friendly people!
(100% of the proceeds to support the Benson Community Garden)
6:00 p.m. – The Travelling Mercies
7:00 p.m. – Chasing Turtles
8:00 p.m. – Johanna Missak
9:00 p.m. – Brad Hoshaw
10:00 p.m. – TBA
The Benson Community Garden is located on the southern side of Omaha’s historic Benson neighborhood, providing space for individuals and families to grow farm fresh produce for their personal consumption. The Oktoberfest event will help the Garden expand its neighborhood “pick-your-own garden” with hundreds of square feet of free vegetables.
MISSION: “To strengthen our community by providing an urban agricultural space where individuals and families can come together to grow farm-fresh foods, share tools and resources, and learn about gardening and nutrition.”
Click HERE for the July 23rd article.